Do you know what does it mean to make a statement?
A statement is something which is whole in itself. It doesn’t need anything to support or complement it. If you think about the difference between a sentence and a statement, then a sentence is just a combination of words, but a Statement ‘states’ something.
So, a piece of Statement jewelry is something that doesn’t need any other accessory to support it. It is one of a kind in its’ own special way and it’s enough.
It is something that brings out your personal style, and your most prominent personality trait. For instance, a woman who preaches elegance might wear a stylish pair of diamond loops with a white dress, because that is who she is, and that describes her the best.
I understand that you want to show off the collection of accessories that you have accumulated with all your heart, picking them carefully from the choicest stores and well researched local market vendors which surprisingly hold unique collections of jewelry. Believe me, I know!
But, there is a way to put them on you, pair them with appropriate outfits and accessories. You should never wear too much jewelry too close to each other when you are trying to make a statement. Because, as mentioned earlier, a statement is all about making sure that your outlook defines you, and doesn’t confuse the observer.
Read Also: WHY FASHION DESIGNING COURSES IS IMPORTANT
A few examples might help you understand better:
- You may club a fancy pair of earrings, with a relatively subtle bracelet, as you see their areas are such that they don’t collide with each other.
- You may skip the bracelet and wear a fancy ring instead, that just works the same way.
- Choose between accessorizing your neck, or your ears. If you want to do both, then you have to create a balance. Maybe a heavy necklace with studs or a small pair of earrings, and if the earrings are the highlight, you can cover your neckline with a thin chain. I like bare necks though, any day!
- Do not mix the color of metal plating. Silver with oxidized something is fine, but not silver earrings and a gold chain. That is complete no!
- If you like to accessorize your hands a lot, then go for matching things, but also nothing too bulky. Three to four rings and a bracelet is also cool if they are refined and delicate but never overdo your accessories. They lose their charm.
Just, always keep this in mind that while it is true that we should not be judgmental, it is also true that ‘the first impression is the last impression’. And, more often than not, the latter has proven to be more believed in.
It is actually very simple to understand because when you don’t know a person, how they carry themselves, and how they state their style, is the very first thing that you notice about them and form an opinion upon.
And, that is why it is known as a ‘Style Statement’.