Mirrors are a necessity in all homes and offices as they play an important role in decorating the interior and exterior. Amazing effects can be experienced if mirrors are placed at a position to pull outdoor warmth from sun and nature. Mirrors indeed are beautiful objects that we use every day out of habit. So it is not surprising to see mirrors as decor in our homes but it is also a sort of necessity for us. We use mirrors almost unconsciously to dress up or just casually see our reflection. There are ordinary mirrors, oversized mirrors, frameless, and decorative ones. Mirrors are helpful because they reflect energy in the form of light.
Read Also: DESIGNING WITH WHITE
- Mirrors help to give a sense of greater space by reflecting light, thus brightening a room and the reflection of the room also fools the eye (trompe l’oeil) into feeling there is a greater amount of space than in reality. A small, narrow room can benefit from hanging a wall mirror, or you can even place a large mirror to make the room look spacious. Have a mirror in the hallway or a bathroom to make it look expansive. It is a necessity in the bathrooms. Dark rooms often give a sense of less space and crowding in.
- Increase lighting. A mirror reflects light from sunlight, lamps, chandeliers, candles, etc. You can also save on energy costs since mirrors help illuminate a room during the daytime. Mirror across from a window increases light and views by placing a big mirror directly across from a window. Reflecting a beautiful view is ideal, but placing a mirror across from any window that gets good light will make your room feel sunnier.
- Hide imperfections in a room. If a wall in your home has an unsightly part such as a hole, paint scratch, or discolored paint, just hang a beautiful mirror in that spot to hide them.
- A large mirror can be a beautiful accent piece in a room. You can use a mirror with ornate carvings, a full-length mirror, or an oversize mirror for great impact. It will immediately brighten the room and create a nice focal point in the area. Use a mirror to update the look of a room, to get a cohesive style in an area, or to bring interest in a space. Extra-large mirror above the mantel.
- The key lies in pairing the right mirror with the right location to maximize its decor-uplifting potential. Placing a mirror between two windows tricks the eye into thinking there is another window there and helps maximize natural light. Informally supporting a full-length mirror against the wall brings a relaxed mood to the room. It can be placed over a console in the entry or above a buffet in the dining room. Two mirrors on adjacent walls really bounce the light around the room. It’s very tacky to use a mirror in the ceiling.
- Place a bright lamp in front of a mirror to assist the spread of light through a room. In a room lacking a window, this little trick will help to create the illusion of light from a window space. Turn the lamp on whenever the room is used and the light will be diffused through the room by the mirror.
Read Also: RESTYLE YOUR WARDROBE IN 6 SIMPLE STEPS
Of all the benefits of a mirror, the most important one is its functional use. You use a mirror to check on yourself before leaving the house, for your grooming rituals, etc. Make sure that you clean your mirror periodically.DO obey the rules of feng shui and Vastu if you in believe them.